THE BLEDLOW 100 CLUB RULES
(pdf version here)
General Data Protection Regulation notes
1. The name of the Club is THE BLEDLOW 100 CLUB. Its object is to raise funds for the Bledlow Church Choir. However, the Choir is not part of the church or sponsored by the church in any way.
2. The Club will be run by the registered promoter (‘Promoter') or in his/her absence, the deputy promoter. Reference in these rules to the Promoter include the Deputy Promoter when the Promoter is not available.
3. The Club is open to individuals and syndicates of individuals aged 16 years or older. Membership becomes effective when the individual has completed the membership application form and paid the appropriate subscription to the Promoter. Membership is valid for the period from 1 January (or, if later, from the month the member becomes eligible to enter a draw) to 31 December in each year. Membership expires on 31 December unless renewed.
4. The subscription is £60 per member per number per year which applicants must pay when they submit their membership application. There is no reduction for late joiners. Each member will receive a membership number or numbers to use in all draws after their admission to membership. No member may have more than five numbers. The Promoter reserves the right to alter the amount of the subscription for future years.
5. The Club will have a maximum of 100 members. Once the Club has 100 members, new members may join only when existing members leave. The Promoter will keep a waiting list and will offer membership to the first eligible person on the list.
6. Each year, on renewal, the Club will give priority to applications in the following order (i) members from the previous year, (ii) prospective members in the order in which their names appear on the previous year's waiting list and (iii) applications from new members in order of receipt of their applications and payment. The Promoter's decision on all membership issues is final.
7. The Promoter will organise a quarterly draw to take place in March, June, September and December. The first number drawn will receive one sixth, the second drawn will receive one third, and the third drawn will receive one half of the prize money available for that quarter. Numbers are not replaced during the draw.
8. The quarterly prize will be one quarter of 40% of the aggregate subscriptions received by the Club for the year up to and including the month of the relevant draw. Prizes will be paid by cheque.
9. The numbers of all paid-up members will be entered in the draw for each quarter. The Promoter will choose another person or persons (whether a member or not) to make the three draws in the presence of the Promoter.
10. The Promoter will keep records of the name and address of each member, the number allocated to them and the subscriptions received from them.
11. Membership is not transferable.
12. The Promoter may at any time during a given year transfer to the Bledlow Church Choir all or any funds in excess of those necessary to pay for (i) all remaining prizes and (ii) the expenses of the Club for the remainder of that year.
13. The Promoter's decision on the interpretation of the rules shall, except in the case of manifest error, be final.